Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Lego Set Pictures Revealed!

And . . I'm not going to post them here. I'm pretty sure some Lego lawyers are typing up some cease and desist letters in a hurry today. What I am going to do, however, is talk about some of the coolest bits I've seen in each set!!! I like to search for little details, to see what new pieces are going to be included or used in a unique way. One thing I noticed on all sets that kinda bugs me is a lack of original swords like Sting. I mean, this is one of the most famous swords in pop culture and we can't get a tiny Lego mold of it? I may have to dig deeper on this one. Anyway, here is my set analysis, part I.

Lets start with everyone's favorite Wizard (to hell with Harry Potter), Gandalf the Grey!!! His set is 9469 Gandalf Arrives, and it includes the man himself, plus Frodo and his little wagon. It seems like a bunch of pretty standard lego pieces. I can't tell if they're using the usual Lego beard on Gandalf yet, but I hope it's something special. I'm not a huge fan of the curly-tipped Wizard beard we've been using for decades. The detail I loved the most, though, was what appears to be one of those new Ninjago snakes for the big dragon firework sticking out of his cart. That would be the one Merry and Pippin launched through the tent roof during Fellowship of the Ring. Here's a sneak peek:

Doesn't that look like one of those new Ninjago snakes?

Be sure to come back for Part II!

No comments:

Post a Comment