Tuesday, December 20, 2011

LOTR Lego Set Analysis Part III - Uruk-hai Army

Honestly, set 9471 Uruk-hai Army is pretty underwhelming. It's basically a castle wall, 2 Rohirrim soldiers (one on a horse) and a bunch of Uruk-hai. One neat this is the special shield sculpt for the Uruk-hai, but that only aggravates me further when it comes to the weapons. I know these are VERY early mock-ups but the lack of a special weapon for Frodo (STING!) or the rest of the Fellowship will dissapoint. We can make a special shield, but not a special sword, for one of the most beloved franchises of all time!?! Come on, Lego!!!! It's not like I'm asking you to invent plastic that will glow blue when Orks are near!!!

The one item that interests me is the horse. To be frank, I'm not a fan of Lego horses. It's not that I hate horses, I just have TOO MANY!!! Seriously I've got these little guys everywhere. A special sculpt would be AWESOME and add variety to any castle or old west theme. Now, I'm curious if what I'm seeing is actually a new sculpt, or just a computer rendered picture of a Lego horse. In Lego promotional images the minifigs are computer rendered, which means their little legs bend and put them in cool little poses. I'm hoping this isn't just a cool pose to sell the toy, but a Lego horse that is actually reared up for battle!!!

New horse? You be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment